Skip to main content

Corners of beautiful Madison

I have probably said it in previous posts: -I believe the Midwest is a very underestimated region in the country. Undervalued when it comes to promoting beautiful places to visit in the US. Overshadowed by both coasts, for sure. The truth is, other than Chicago you don't hear much about other great cities in the Midwest, and yes, there are a bunch.

Minneapolis, for instance, is one of them. Awesome city. Great energy. Lots and lots of things to do. I would move to Minneapolis in the blink of an eye. Kansas City, another cool one, on my list to visit soon. Milwaukee (even though we hear a lot about being violent and one of the most segregated cities in America) I think Milwaukee has a few cool things to offer as a city; I personally love it. Nice downtown packed with good restaurants and shops, and some Parisian architecture around.  Door County-WI with all its little and picturesque towns, it's simply a gem of the Midwest. And Madison, of course, Madison; the place where I have lived with my family for the last 6 years of my life. A beautiful university town, with a mix of XIX Century architecture around campus and a strong influence of Frank Lloyd Wright Mid-Century style. Nice, young energy, Vibrant and very liberal.

Among the many beautiful things you see around Madison in terms of architecture, one thing I love the most is -those peculiar, triangle, little buildings around town. Throughout Madison's downtown, you encounter a bunch of these little buildings, full of character and history. And because of the streets layout, we see the majority of them around Madison's Capitol Building.

I have this project in mind to grab a camera one day and try to photograph all and each of them.

Most of the pictures below are iPhone pictures (not great quality BTW) I took on a family walk the first day of 2017. A few other are my husbands. The rest, just pictures I found online to show you around.

Enjoy the weekend.
Peace and good health to all.





















Popular posts from this blog

Bliss

Every single image you see on this new blog I just found is just perfection. I want to stare at it and then to stare a little bit more. Beautiful, inspiring, amazing images. Take a look at the blog. http://www.blissfulbblog.com

Lately

It's been so long. I feel I haven't post anything in ages. Life has been seriously busy lately, that's why. And it seems that is the general tendency among friends. Whoever I talk to, they are trying to juggle a million things at once. That's life these days, I guess. The news have been scary, lately. Around the globe. Very scary. This year we have seen all kind of sadness, craziness, nonsense around the world. Even natural disasters have been horrific. And it seems it escalates year after year. To be honest the last few motnhs I have felt the need to hide, to retreat and protect my loved ones. To move somewhere where nothing can reach us, not even social media or TV... -especially social media and TV- But how? How we protect the people we love? How do we hide? Where do we go? Not sure where the world is going and if you have kids it can get really really scary at times. Is this the world we are leaving to them? What I'm sure about though is that more

That Kind of Woman

Happy images to say Happy Weekend!!! Visit: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/ Amazing blog. Love it. Source: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/