Skip to main content

What I pray for

To be honest I'm never very successful at new year resolutions. I tend to believe that I am more of a spontaneous soul rather than an organized, goal oriented person. I prefer to put together a list of wishes than a list of goals. But of course, spontaneous or goal oriented we all have wishes, hopes, resolutions, -whatever we want to call them for the new year ahead of us, don't we? which BTW it is about to start, -only hours away.

It has been a tough year for our world. 2016 is leaving in many of us a deep sense of vulnerability. Watching and reading the news this year have been really scary. All kind of devastating events all over the globe; and realizing that our world is so divided and polarized really takes me to a very vulnerable place. I am a mother and I can't stop worrying what kind of world my kid is growing in. That's a thought I have in my mind pretty much on a daily basis. But in the middle of all the nonsense we see around us, there is always a kid's smile, nature around reminding us what a beautiful world this is, a family member we love, a dream we want to follow and our faith, our hope, our hard work, our hands constructing and the good example we want to leave to our kids.

I find great comfort and strength when I pray.
When my faith whispers into my ear: everything will be all right in the world, then I'm OK.

Here, to a wonderful New Year, peaceful, healthy and full of love for all.

These are a few things I pray for:

I pray for the good health of the ones I love, for myself so I can take care of my loved ones and for every single kid on earth. Every single one.

I pray every day to be the best mother I can possibly be to my amazing boy, the most caring, loving, patient and understanding mother of all. 

I pray for my wonderful husband. That amazing man God put in front of me 20 years ago. To be always loving and understanding to him too.

I pray to become a better daughter and remember to give thanks every day for my parents.

I pray that my eyes can see more justice and peace in our beautiful and wounded world.

I pray I’m able to understand and not judge even when it is too hard to understand and not being judgmental.

I pray that I am aware enough of taking good care of myself, by eating healthy food, exercising more, practicing kindness always -no matter what-, and appreciate nature around me.

I pray that I keep working as hard as possible to embrace the present, the now, this very moment and learn from it and give thanks for it.

I pray that I can stop worrying –at least a little- about the future, about the world, about our leaders.

I pray I can remember to give thanks every day, every single day.

I pray to be brave enough to follow my dreams.

I pray I can be that rock I want to be to the people I love and I pray to not be afraid to fall apart.

I pray I don’t forget to breath; in and out as many times as possible, every day.

I pray I never ever forget to pray.

Happy 2017!!!

These are my favorite pictures/moments of 2016 with the ones I love.


this cold and pretty winter day in Madison in January.

grandma's visit in February. Madison.


these wonderful cupcakes for Diego's birthday, in February.
Favorite one: Princess Leia. May the force be forever and ever with you, our Princess.

one great photo shoot we were part of in the Spring. Madison.

the wonderful Caribbean Sea. Our trip to Puerto Rico in May.

Our trip to Puerto Rico. The Caribbean Sea.
My child in front of the sea of my childhood.



Summers in Madison. July.

Summers in Madison. August.


This big chair all kids love. Madison.

Sunsets in the summer. Madison.

The big chair, again. Madison.

One of my favorite photos of the year. This summer sunset on my birthday, with my boys. Madison.

Beautiful Summers in Madison. August.

The Pacific Ocean. The Ocean of all my dreams. September.
Mama and her boy in San Francisco.

Our trip to San Francisco at the beginning of the Fall.

San Francisco and this amazing spot. And a little Jedi walking around.

San Francisco and its -out of the world- golden light.

The city that owns my heart.


A very short trip to Chicago in the Fall.

My favorite season. My favorite colors. Madison.

Our Fall visit to Busy Barns.

Grandma's visit to Madison in the Fall.

This little monkey in a winter wonderland at the Olbrich Gardens in Madison.

Popular posts from this blog

Bliss

Every single image you see on this new blog I just found is just perfection. I want to stare at it and then to stare a little bit more. Beautiful, inspiring, amazing images. Take a look at the blog. http://www.blissfulbblog.com

Lately

It's been so long. I feel I haven't post anything in ages. Life has been seriously busy lately, that's why. And it seems that is the general tendency among friends. Whoever I talk to, they are trying to juggle a million things at once. That's life these days, I guess. The news have been scary, lately. Around the globe. Very scary. This year we have seen all kind of sadness, craziness, nonsense around the world. Even natural disasters have been horrific. And it seems it escalates year after year. To be honest the last few motnhs I have felt the need to hide, to retreat and protect my loved ones. To move somewhere where nothing can reach us, not even social media or TV... -especially social media and TV- But how? How we protect the people we love? How do we hide? Where do we go? Not sure where the world is going and if you have kids it can get really really scary at times. Is this the world we are leaving to them? What I'm sure about though is that more

That Kind of Woman

Happy images to say Happy Weekend!!! Visit: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/ Amazing blog. Love it. Source: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/