Skip to main content

on social media + summer and other thoughts

Summer is going too fast, like everything else in life, right? Life flies by in front of our very eyes and every year it feels somehow faster. In Madison, we have only 5 more weeks of summer break before we are back in school. We are already placing orders online for school supplies and I am spotting a few reddish-yellowish leaves around town. WHAT? That’s right, what? Maybe trees get confused sometimes, as humans do. Anyways, I feel this summer we have accomplished a lot and being out a lot too; taking into consideration that we still have a little more than a month of vacation time, makes me feel really good too. Still would like to visit three more spots that were initially in our summer list; working on making that happen. Also planning on something very nice that I’ve been planning for long time, and that’s pure inspiration for me right now. Ill share later in the year.

On a different note, I closed my Facebook account, it makes me a little sad but at the same time I feel really good about it. I had that in mind for long time and I finally did it. I am not sure if it is temporary or a final decision, but I couldn't stand FB any longer these days. I'm not sure what the reason is; maybe it is not what it used to be and I don't feel inspired by it anymore, or maybe I have grown (hopefully) with the whole social media trend and FB after 7, 8, 9 years, -I don't know how long- feels silly and invasive now. Invasive, that's the main thing I believe. I'm not sure either why it bugs me so much signing in and see always the same annoying videos, sensationalist and cruel news, tiresome people, irritating comments, etc... I'm not sure, I might open it again, but until now it's been more than two or three weeks and I neither miss it nor need it. I still keep my Instagram account, which is not that invasive and allows me to take photos, play with them and share them, which is what I really like, my Pinterest account which is always a lot of fun and of course my blog, which is my little creative outlet.

Have a good weekend everyone, healthy and safe.



Popular posts from this blog

Bliss

Every single image you see on this new blog I just found is just perfection. I want to stare at it and then to stare a little bit more. Beautiful, inspiring, amazing images. Take a look at the blog. http://www.blissfulbblog.com

Lately

It's been so long. I feel I haven't post anything in ages. Life has been seriously busy lately, that's why. And it seems that is the general tendency among friends. Whoever I talk to, they are trying to juggle a million things at once. That's life these days, I guess. The news have been scary, lately. Around the globe. Very scary. This year we have seen all kind of sadness, craziness, nonsense around the world. Even natural disasters have been horrific. And it seems it escalates year after year. To be honest the last few motnhs I have felt the need to hide, to retreat and protect my loved ones. To move somewhere where nothing can reach us, not even social media or TV... -especially social media and TV- But how? How we protect the people we love? How do we hide? Where do we go? Not sure where the world is going and if you have kids it can get really really scary at times. Is this the world we are leaving to them? What I'm sure about though is that more

That Kind of Woman

Happy images to say Happy Weekend!!! Visit: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/ Amazing blog. Love it. Source: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/