Skip to main content

Hope

What a great word hope is, isn't it?
This year I decided I wanted to make a list of all the things I am thankful for (i write a lot of lists). While trying to make that list of mine today I realized I am thankful for pretty much everything in my life. Not because it is a perfect life but because it's mine, it is the one that has been put before me to be fully lived. I am thankful for all those things I like about my life and all the challenging ones as well, I want to embrace them all. For the opportunity given to me to be on this planet, this wonderful place we call home. The good, the not that good, the ups and the downs, what it was and what it is. For that bright light in my heart, that can radiate so much warmth and love to those I deeply adore. For the dark side in me as well, that reminds me I'm real, I'm human; I'm a work in progress. For my son, oh my God, my son, that little boy who makes me wonder every day why God chose me to be his mother, to be that person to raise and guide him through life. What an honor to be the mother of this wonderful little guy. When I see Diego I feel God’s magnificent love. Many times a day, every day since he was born I feel like my heart is about to burst only by looking at him. And for that I am deeply thankful. My husband, that man who has grown with me and has given me all he is, all he has. The adventures we have shared together that have shaped us into the man and woman we are today. All those things we look forward to, the dreams we dream together, the frustrations we face and the deep love between us. I’m so thankful for this man, for the honest way he lives his life, for how genuine he is, for how stubborn he is. I am very thankful for having him. My sisters, they are a piece of me in two different bodies. They probably don’t know how much I love them and I'm the one to blame, I never tell them. My family down in Venezuela, Mom, Dad, Grandma and the rest of my big family,  my friends all over the world. I’m also thankful for those people I have found along the way I’m not very fond of, because thanks to them I can grow as a human being and I can better understand my own weaknesses. My job and my sweet coworkers, the city I live in, the warm sunshine of Madison’s summer and even the harsh cold of Madison’s winter, which has made me somehow a stronger person. I’m thankful for the hope I feel sometimes deep down in my heart, that one day the country I was born in will recover its peace, justice and freedom and my son will be able to go and visit the place his parents come from. Hope, I'm thankful for that word. For the daily challenges and fears I face as a woman, as a mother as a person who lives in a world that can be very scary sometimes. But also the beauty I experience in that same, amazing, big world. My faith, I'm thankful for my faith. What would we do without it. Magic, I'm thankful for the magic we see in a little firefly or in the eyes of little kids. Today, I’m grateful for all. With an honest heart. I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, I'm from somewhere else, but how beautiful it is to pick a day, at least one day in the year and just be grateful. I am.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Good health and peace to all.


Popular posts from this blog

Bliss

Every single image you see on this new blog I just found is just perfection. I want to stare at it and then to stare a little bit more. Beautiful, inspiring, amazing images. Take a look at the blog. http://www.blissfulbblog.com

Lately

It's been so long. I feel I haven't post anything in ages. Life has been seriously busy lately, that's why. And it seems that is the general tendency among friends. Whoever I talk to, they are trying to juggle a million things at once. That's life these days, I guess. The news have been scary, lately. Around the globe. Very scary. This year we have seen all kind of sadness, craziness, nonsense around the world. Even natural disasters have been horrific. And it seems it escalates year after year. To be honest the last few motnhs I have felt the need to hide, to retreat and protect my loved ones. To move somewhere where nothing can reach us, not even social media or TV... -especially social media and TV- But how? How we protect the people we love? How do we hide? Where do we go? Not sure where the world is going and if you have kids it can get really really scary at times. Is this the world we are leaving to them? What I'm sure about though is that more

That Kind of Woman

Happy images to say Happy Weekend!!! Visit: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/ Amazing blog. Love it. Source: thatkindofwoman.tumblr.com/